Nicole is one of Leverage’s resident expert copywriters. She works in our marketing department, crafting compelling copy for clients across all niches and industries. From website copy to email sequences to full funnels, she helps businesses convert prospects with copy that works.
Nicole started her writing career in academia but quickly realized that academic writing was more about who could stuff the highest number of fancy-sounding words in an article rather than actually connecting people through language. That wasn’t quite up her alley, so she made the transition to copywriting and never looked back! (Thanks for making that switch, Nicole, we’re very glad to have you.)
Here are a few more fun facts about Nicole…
- She has written copy for entrepreneurs and businesses in (literally) hundreds of industries and niches.
- She can speak four languages and is currently studying a fifth.
- She ghostwrote a massive article for a well-known marketing blog that has gone on to be the most-read article on their website. (You’ve probably read it.)
- She embodies the laptop lifestyle by traveling the world and never settling in one place for too long!
So, without further ado, let’s get to know Nicole!
How long have you been working with Leverage?
- I have been with Leverage for about three years!
What is your specialty at Leverage?
- I am a sales and marketing copywriter. In other words, I help clients clarify their messaging so they can connect with and ultimately convert their ideal audience. This includes website copy, email sequences, video scripts, funnel copy, and just about anything else you can think of that might be used to attract and convert prospects.
What is ONE task you’ve done that you think every Leverage client could benefit from?
- A website copy audit! There is almost always room for improvement on your website — whether that means clarifying your message, making your offer stronger, or just making the information on your website easier to digest. I do website copy audits where I’ll run through your entire website, usually on a screen recording, and point out areas that could be improved, things that are missing, or opportunities you’re missing out on. I’ve found that this task can be useful for more than just your website because it will ultimately help you with any other copy you need to write for your business. Starting with your website is a very effective way to improve the language you use across your business. After I do an audit, I can work on the website copy myself or you’re free to take the audit and implement the suggestions on your own.
What is your favorite type of task to work on?
- I like to work on tasks that involve a lot of strategy and are part of a larger project — things that let me see what a customer’s journey will look like from start to finish. Ultimately, good copy should not be written in a silo. You have to think about what someone will read or see before they get to your copy and what will come afterward. I also enjoy projects that let me dig deep into the mindsets and thought patterns that an audience or reader will have. Basically, figuring out what they need to see and what hesitations they need to overcome to convert. Funnels are a good example, as I can craft the customer journey from the landing page to email sequences to sales pages and more.
What is the most unique or interesting task you’ve done at Leverage?
- There are a few things I’d love to share, but the NDAs I’ve signed are telling me otherwise. Sorry!
What is your favorite part about working at Leverage?
- I love the variety of work and the passion our clients have. I’ve had the chance to work with so many different entrepreneurs across so many fields and industries — and honestly, it’s just fun getting to know them! I also love the flexibility. The job is completely remote, which is perfect for me since I move around a lot. Without Leverage, I don’t think my lifestyle would be possible!
What are your goals at Leverage, in your career, and/or in life?
- I’m very content with where I am, but I’m always looking to work with more clients and continue to expand my skills throughout different industries. I also love languages — I teach English classes on the side and have a passion for learning new languages — so I’d love to do more of that as well.
Where are you currently located and where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Minnesota and lived there until I graduated from college. I am currently located in Brussels — I actually arrived less than 48 hours from the time of writing this! But I move around quite a lot, so regardless of where I’m “living” I usually spend several months out of the year in a different location. For example, I began writing this in Armenia and I’m now finishing it in Brussels!
If you could have one superpower, what would it be? (And why?)
- I think I’d like to have a super-learning power with a super brain to store all of the things I’d learn. I love learning and I’m a very curious person, which is one of the reasons why I love copywriting so much, as I get to learn all about new industries and niches. But I’m always disappointed that I’m not able to store all of this great knowledge in my head! A superpower could help with that.
What do you like to do outside of work?
- I love to travel! My husband has a travel business, so that’s a pretty big part of our lives. Beyond that, I am one of those weird people who genuinely loves to run. I love being outdoors and hiking. And this probably comes as no surprise, but I love to read! I read mostly fiction (currently on a sci-fi binge). Oh, and I already mentioned this, but I love learning new languages.
If you could go anywhere in the world, right now, where would you go?
- Quite frankly, I’d be happy to go anywhere I’ve never been to before. That said, I’m currently really interested in the Middle East as I’ve been studying Arabic for the past several years. Specifically, I’d love to go to Jerusalem and meet my Arabic teacher in person — I’ve been working with her online for two years and I’ve never actually met her!
What is your favorite food/dish?
- Generally, I love anything Italian (like the rest of the world, I suppose). But lately, I’ve been craving some good Korean bibimbap.
Coffee or tea? (or neither?)
- Coffee with a splash of milk! But coffee makes me a bit crazy, so I avoid drinking it too often and stick with tea most of the time. So…both?
For Leverage Clients:
Want to have Nicole do a website copy audit? Maybe you need some help with your next email sequence or an upcoming funnel?
Whatever it is, Nicole can help. CLICK HERE to submit your task! Simply add “Nicole Elliott” to the assignee field and she will reach out to you with the next steps.
Not a Leverage Client Yet?
Leverage is a premier outsourcing platform for entrepreneurs and small business owners. With a team of 300+ vetted, qualified freelancers who are experts in their field, we can help you prioritize and complete any task or project.
- Want to make a podcast?
- Set up Facebook/Instagram ads?
- Write a blog?
- Or, even better, automate your social media?
CLICK HERE to schedule a 20-minute info session to see how Leverage can 10X your business.